Monday, September 21, 2009

Hello

Howdy.

I made a blog once before, but it just didn't work out, so I am going to try again!

You may think that the Rambling Rambler is a strange name for a blog. Why the strange name you ask? And isn't that kind of redundant?

First, I like to be redundant, second, I ramble. A lot. And this I know about myself. I am shy, but once you get me talking, I don't shut up. I'm sure sometimes people just want to scream at me, "Just shut up already!"

Oh and I hate it when people say, "shut up." It just sounds so rude. "Be quiet" sounds so much nicer, don't you think? Because I surely do!

So I have decided for the time being to keep my identity hidden. You know, names have been changed to protect the innocent (and the not so innocent), haha.

So I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself. I am a single mom of two absolutely gorgeous children. They are very sweet a lot of the time, like when they are sleeping, and occasionally when they are awake too. My oldest is a boy and I will call him Charlie, he is almost 3 already. Can you believe it? Because I can't! He is going to be the class clown! He is always trying to make people laugh. My youngest I wall call Sally, she is 1.5 and is the sweetest little girl ever. But she's also quite dramatic, lol.

So where did I pull these made up names from? Not out of my ass, believe it or not. My parent's think every kid should have a nickname and these are the nicknames they were given, though they are nothing like their real names.

And my kids know their nicknames and will answer to them. Kind of a funny story for you, I often tell my son he is silly, because he is. A few months ago though whenever I would tell him he was silly he would say, "No, *insert my daughter's real name here*'s Sally, I'm Charlie!" Trust me, it was too cute.

So what else shall I tell you about myself... Hmm... I do not know. I like to read, my favorite authors are Dean Koontz and James Patterson, brilliant men they are!

I also like to watch movies, but I hate watching movies by myself and I love to talk during movies, but i would never do so at a theater, for I would be afraid I would get popcorn thrown at me. My best friend, I shall call her Leslie, recently rented the movie Twilight. Now if you know me, I hate vampire movies, unless you count Interview with the Vampire, but that movie was only good because it had Brad Pitt in it, I mean, helllloooo, what movie wouldn't be good if it has Brad Pitt in it. He is hot! Anyway, so Leslie rented Twilight and has been ranting and raving about it, telling me I need to watch it. Now, I am anti doing anything popular, especially if that thing is something that 16 year old girls are into. But I decided to rent it, because I have been told about 108 times in the last 2 days how great a movie it is. So it BETTER be good. It cost me $2.78! That's way too much money to spend on a sucky movie (pun intended) and yes I am cheap when it comes to spending money. But I am not a cheap date, so if you want to spend your money on me, that is quite alright.

Another thing I recently realized I do, I pick up weird pronunciations of words. For example, instead of saying about, I say aboot, thanks for that Canadians! Instead of harrassing, a word that most peple do not use, but I somehow manage to squeeze in often, I pronouce it like Percy Wetmore, in The Green Mile, when he says, "What if I just call up certain people and tell them you're harassing me?" I recently saw another movie, though i don't recall what movie that is where they also pronounced harassing in that way. Another thing, is asked, I say axed. Yes I am quite annoying.

I strange thing a couple months ago, I have quite the accent. I had taken a video of me talking and listened to it and wow, I didn't realize I sounded like that. It was quite funny. Now I know how all you people who have weird accents didn't realize it, I always thought I sounded normal, but now I realize I don't and that means my friends probably don't either.

My goal is to try to write something at least once a week. I will try, but I make no promises. One of my pet peeves is people who make promises they know they might not be able to keep. If you say you are going to do something, do it. If you don't know if you can do it, even if it's just the slightest possiblity that you won't be able to do it, don't say you are going to do it. It just makes people mad. Well it makes me mad anyway.

Perhaps I should make a list of my pet peeves, I used to think I didn't really have any, but now I realize, I actually have quite a few. And one of my pet peeves is people with a lot of pet peeves. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

So I guess I've rambled enough for one rambling session. Good night to you, and remember, if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweety and wipe the seaty.

3 comments:

  1. doood awesome.

    are my blogs too short? cause i like to post short stuff...but a lot of it. you seem to do the opposite. post like, one huge long blog with 30 things in it. that's awesome. and look, i made this comment all about me. that is also awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't listen to D momma there! Clearly she hasn't visited my blog if she thinks yours is long!

    Now, I am anti doing anything popular, especially if that thing is something that 16 year old girls are into.

    Oh I so lurvs you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You may want to approve of your comments before they are posted. I know who you are and may accidentally type your real name. I almost did above but caught myself before.

    ReplyDelete